Easter Egg Cupcake
Who doesn’t love a four day weekend to relax, create and celebrate with family and friends. This Easter I had fun decorating these sweet little birds nest cupcakes. Here is my favourite vanillla cupcake recipe from the Edmonds cook book for you to try…
125g butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1. Turn your oven on to 180 degrees C and place your cupcake cases into your muffin tray.
2. Beat together the butter, vanilla essence and sugar until it looks light and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time to this mixture, beating well after each addition.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl. Gently fold the flour into the butter mixture. Then stir in the milk.
4. Using a spoon scoop the mixture into the cupcake cases. Bake for about 15 minutes or until they are golden.
5. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Ice and decorate when cold.
This recipe is definitely my never fail go to, it is so easy and they taste delicious as well!